Hair fall is a common problem that affects both men and women. Losing up to 100 hairs a day is normal, but excessive hair fall can be a sign of an underlying health issue. Refer to a dermatologist like Dr. Chaudhary Muhammad Tahir for the treatment of hair fall.
Identify the cause:
The first step to dealing with hair fall is to identify the underlying cause. Some common causes of hair fall are:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Medical conditions like thyroid problems or alopecia areata
- Once you identify the cause, you can take steps to address it.
Follow a healthy diet:
A healthy diet can help to promote hair growth and prevent hair fall. Include foods that are rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals, such as:
- Lean meats, fish, and poultry
- Nuts and seeds
- Fruits and vegetables
- Whole grains
- Avoid crash diets or fad diets that can lead to nutritional deficiencies and cause hair fall.
Practice good hair care:
When you visit a Skin specialist, they will often advise you to practice good hair care. It can be done in the following ways:
- Avoid using hot tools like hair dryers, straighteners, and curling irons, as they can damage your hair.
- Use a wide-toothed comb or a brush with soft bristles to detangle your hair.
- Avoid tying your hair too tightly, as it can cause hair fall.
- Don’t wash your hair too frequently, as it can strip the natural oils from your hair and cause dryness.
- Use a mild shampoo and conditioner that are suitable for your hair type.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals like hair dyes, bleaches, and perms, as they can damage your hair.
Stress can contribute to hair fall, so it’s essential to manage stress effectively. Some ways to manage stress are:
- Practice relaxation techniques like meditation, deep breathing, or yoga.
- Exercise regularly, as it can help to reduce stress and promote overall health.
- Get enough sleep, as lack of sleep can cause stress and contribute to hair fall.
- Take breaks from work or other stressful activities to relax and recharge.
Use natural remedies:
There are many natural remedies that can help to prevent hair fall and promote hair growth. Some of these remedies are:
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera contains enzymes that can help to stimulate hair growth and prevent hair fall. Apply fresh aloe vera gel to your scalp and hair, leave it for an hour, and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which can help to strengthen hair and prevent hair fall. Massage your scalp and hair with warm coconut oil and leave it overnight, then wash it off with a mild shampoo in the morning.
- Onion juice: Onion juice contains sulfur, which can help to promote hair growth and prevent hair fall. Apply onion juice to your scalp and hair, leave it for an hour, and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Green tea: Green tea contains antioxidants that can help to prevent hair fall and promote hair growth. Brew some green tea and let it cool, then apply it to your scalp and hair, leave it for an hour, and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Hair fall can be a distressing problem, but it’s not impossible to deal with. By following a healthy diet, practicing good hair care, managing stress, using natural remedies, and seeking medical help if necessary, you can prevent hair fall and promote hair growth. Remember, it takes time and patience to see results, so be consistent in your efforts.